Established under the scope of the recently enacted federal CARES Act, the FCC’s Telehealth Program is intended to increase access to medical care across the country by expanding the use of telehealth services by health care providers. The Program is being funded by a $200 million appropriation from Congress to help deal with the immediate effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
The initial recipients of funding under the FCC’s Telehealth Program include the following healthcare institutions:
- Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Hudson River HealthCare, Peekskill, NY
- Mount Sinai Health System, New York, NY
- Neighborhood Health Care, Cleveland, OH
- Ochsner Clinic Foundation, New Orleans, LA
- UPMC Children’s Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA