« Back to Glossary Index
The number of cycles per second of a periodic phenomenon.
« Back to Term Index
- Common Mode Filter Design GuideThe selection of component values for common mode filters need not be a difficult and confusing process. The use of standard filter alignments can be utilized to achieve a relatively simple and straightforward design process, though such alignments may readily be modified to utilize pre-defined component values.
- RF Field Probes: Specifications and Design CharacteristicsRF field probes are specialized measuring instruments with unique specifications and performance characteristics. This article details the main factors to consider in selecting a probe appropriate to your testing needs.
- Low-Frequency Magnetic Fields in Electric VehiclesLow-frequency magnetic fields, a type of electromagnetic disturbance commonly found in electric vehicles, can pose potential health hazards to humans and affect the operation of critical EV components. Here are some design techniques to help mitigate the problem.
- Evolution and Analysis of EMC Specifications at a Major Automotive OEMThe history and insight into how the EMC specifications and procedures evolved at one automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Other present-day OEM specifications are more similar than different mostly due to the extensive reference to international standards which these OEMs have taken part in developing (e.g., EMC committees). Knowing this history should help today’s EMC practitioners, especially those new to the discipline, gain some insight into the implementation and limitations of test procedures and when to be flexible in analyzing test results.
- Concept of a Phasor in Sinusoidal Steady State AnalysisThis article introduces a concept of a phasor which is extensively used in several EMC topics including electromagnetic waves, antennas, and transmission lines.