« Back to Glossary Index
An enclosure designed to block electromagnetic waves, formed by using conductive material, such as metal, or by a mesh of such material.
« Back to Term Index
- Comparing Test Methods for EMI Gaskets
- SCIF and Radio Frequency Secured Facility DesignSecure facility designs often comingle ICS/ICD-705 and NSA 94-106 design requirements, creating project confusion with significant design and cost implications. This article focuses on bringing some clarity to the differences between ICS/ICD-705 design guidance and NSA 94-106 performance requirements. The related secure facility design and construction process is also reviewed.
- Banana Skins – January 2019 (#142-146)The Banana Skin columns were compiled by Keith Armstrong, of Cherry Clough Consultants Ltd, from items he found in various publications, and anecdotes and links sent in by the many fans of the column.
- A Look Into Generator Waveforms: Do They Meet the IEC 61000-4-2 Waveform Specification?This article explores the waveform specifications called out in the IEC 61000-4-2 standard.
- A Basic Overview of RF/EMI Filters and Filtered ConnectorsWhen considering filters and filtered connectors to help eliminate noise issues in a system, determining the best EMI solution is based on the mechanical configuration of that system.