Last week we reported that 12 million more vehicles were recalled for Takata’s defective air bags. This week the massive recall continues to accelerate and expand, with another large batch of more than four million vehicles being added to the list. Here are the latest recalls for air bag inflators that may rupture, especially under humid conditions.
- General Motors is recalling 1,900,000 vehicles: 2007-2011 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV and Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado 1500, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra 1500, Yukon and Yukon XL vehicles, and 2009-2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500 and GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500.
- Ford Motor Company is recalling 1,896,443 vehicles: 2007-2011 Ford Ranger vehicles, 2006-2011 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr/MKZ vehicles, 2007-2010 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX vehicles, 2005-2006 Ford GT vehicles, and 2005-2011 Ford Mustang.
- Volkswagen adds 217,000 vehicles: 2004-2008 Audi A4, and 2005-2011 Audi A6.
- Mercedes-Benz is recalling 199,705 vehicles, including: 2008-2011 C300 Sedan, C300 4matic Sedan, C350 Sedan, C63 AMG Sedan vehicles, 2010-2011 GLK350, GLK350 4-Matic and E350 Coupe vehicles, 2011 SLS AMG, E350 Convertible, E550 Coupe and E550 Convertible.
- BMW recalls 91,806 vehicles: 2007-2011 X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i and X5M vehicles, 2009-2011 X5 xDrive35d vehicles, 2008-2011 X6 xDrive35i, X6 xDrive50i and X6 M vehicles, and 2010-2011 X6 ActiveHybrid.
- Jaguar Land Rover North America is recalling 54,350 vehicles: 2009-2011 Jaguar XF, 2007-2011 Land Rover Range Rover.
- Daimler Vans is recalling 5,100 vehicles: 010-2011 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, 2009-2011 Freightliner Sprinter, and 2009 Dodge Sprinter.
- Forest River, Inc. recalls 77 vehicles: 2007-2014 Solera and Coachmen Prism vehicles, built on Mercedes-Benz and Freightliner Sprinter chassis.