Get our free email newsletter

28 Products Sold by Home Depot After Recalls Were Announced

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Home Depot have announced that 28 different recalled products continued to be sold by Home Depot after they were recalled between 2012 and 2015. The products were recalled because of potential hazards including fire, burn, shock, falls, lacerations or other injuries. This involves about 2,310 units of recalled products, including about 1,300 sold by Home Depot to consumers and 1,010 sent by Home Depot to salvagers or recyclers who could have sold them to consumers. Consumers should stop using the recalled products immediately and contact the recalling firms to receive either a refund, replacement or repair.

The announcement includes the following products that were recalled for electrical defects:

Cordelia flourescent lights: the lamp sockets can allow loose connections, posing a risk of an electrical arc and fire.

- Advertisement -

garage door openerGenie garage door openers: The control board can overheat, posing a fire hazard.

HeathCo motion-activated outdoor lights: The internal fixture wiring can energize the entire surface and fittings of the fixture, posing an electrical shock hazard.

Homelite electric blower vacuums: The blower vacuum can overheat, spark and catch on fire, posing fire and burn hazards.

Riser cable: the riser cable does not meet fire resistance standards for riser cable, posing a fire hazard.

recalled smoke and CO alarmKidde smoke and combination smoke/CO Alarms: The alarms could fail to alert consumers of a fire or a CO incident following a power outage.


Legrand under-cabinet power strips (two recalls): The internal electrical connections of the power strips are substandard, posing risks of overheating and fire. In a second recall, the electrical wires are reversed on the receptacles on the power strips, posing a risk of electrical shock.

LG Electric Ranges: Burners on the electric ranges can fail to turn off after being switched off and the temperature setting can increase unexpectedly during use, posing burn and fire hazards to consumers.

Lithonia Quantum® ELM and ELM2 two-light emergency lighting fixtures: The circuit board can overheat and cause the fixture to melt, catch fire and ignite nearby items, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.

MAT Industries HDX™ and Powermate® Two-Gallon Air Compressors: The terminals of the pressure switch can come into contact with the motor housing and electrify the air compressors, posing a shock hazard to consumers. 

Nest Protect smoke + CO alarms: Activity near the product during a fire can prevent the alarm from immediately sounding when the Nest Wave feature is enabled.

- Advertisement -

Soleil portable fan heaters: The portable fans plastic housing can melt, deform and catch fire during use, posing a fire hazard.

SoleusAir dehumidifiers by Gree Electric Appliances: The dehumidifiers can overheat, smoke and catch fire, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.

Vornado electric space heaterVornado Air electric space heaters: The heater can overheat and cause the units to melt, catch fire and ignite nearby items, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers.

Westinghouse Lighting glass shade holders: The pull chain switch on the glass shade holder is incorrectly wired, posing a shock hazard to the consumer.

Source: CPSC


Digital Sponsors

Sign up for the In Compliance Email Newsletter

Discover new products, review technical whitepapers, read the latest compliance news, trending engineering news, and weekly recall alerts.