Lights used to illuminate parking lots, streets and office parks are being recalled because of a potential danger of electrical shock.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said American Electric Lighting, a division of Acuity Brands Lighting Inc., of Conyers, Ga., has volunteered to recall about 900 units of its AVL lighting fixtures. The company said that improper wiring in the fixtures poses a shock hazard to consumers, though so far no such injuries have been reported.
The units subject to the recall were sold between September 2008 through September 2009 for between $250 and $800. Customers are advised to immediately unplug the fixtures and contact the manufacturer to arrange an inspection and a repair, if needed. The company’s Web site is www.americanelectriclighting.com.