Get our free email newsletter

Mohu Boomboxes Can Overheat, Posing Burn and Fire Hazards

Mohu boomboxMohu is recalling 1,700 boomboxes because they can overheat, posing burn and fire hazards. There has been one reported incident of a boombox catching fire; no injuries have been reported.

The boomboxes were made in China and sold at Huppins audio store in Spokane, Washington and online at, and from December 2015 through April 2016 for between $300 and $500. This recall includes all models and serial numbers of the Mohu BeBox smart boombox with built-in Android touchscreen tablet. It is a black, portable speaker that is approximately 13 inches tall. It came with a power supply 18V@3.5A and 3.5mm shielded stereo auxiliary cable. The front surface is covered in a black, metallic grill and the back of the unit is black plastic. It features a small Mohu logo on the middle, lower front and an embossed Mohu logo on the middle, center back. 

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled boombox, unplug it, keep it powered off and contact Mohu for a box and pre-paid return shipping label to return the unit for a full refund.

Source: CPSC

Digital Sponsors

Sign up for the In Compliance Email Newsletter

Discover new products, review technical whitepapers, read the latest compliance news, trending engineering news, and weekly recall alerts.