The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has released IEC TR 63054:2017. This Technical Report covers low-voltage switchgear and controlgear, including fire risk analysis and risk reduction measures; and is now available on the IEC webstore.
Description: “IEC TR 63054:2017 applies to the fire risk analysis of low-voltage switchgear and controlgear (hereinafter referred to as “equipment”) referring to the IEC 60947 relevant publications, where the following applies:
– only the case where a fire originates (typically under fault or misuse conditions) within the equipment;
– only equipment installed in normal environments. Hazardous environments, for example in presence of combustible materials, is not to be considered;
– only the case of products selected, installed and used according to the manufacturer instructions and installation rules.
In addition, the following cases are not considered:
– faults addressed by IEC TR 61641;
– risks due to smoke emissions;
– double faults, i.e. multiple phenomenon, potentially combined.”
*Description from the IEC Website.