A new edition of IEC 60533 has been published by the International Electrotechnical Commission. IEC 60533:2015 is the standard for “Electrical and electronic installations in ships – Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Ships with a metallic hull.” The third edition can be purchased on the IEC website.
“IEC 60533:2015 is available as IEC 60533:2015 RLV which contains the International Standard and its Redline version, showing all changes of the technical content compared to the previous edition.
IEC 60533:2015(E) specifies minimum requirements for emission, immunity and performance criteria regarding electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) of electrical and electronic equipment for ships with metallic hull. This International Standard assists in meeting the relevant EMC requirements as stated in SOLAS 74, Chapter IV, Regulation 6 and Cha pter V, Regulation 17. Reference to this International Standard is made in IMO Resolution A.813(19). This edition includes the followi ng significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– Introduction has been supplemented;
– scope and title have been modified to limit the application of the standard to installations in ships with metallic hulls only;
– the normative references have been updated;
– further explanation for in-situ testing has been given in 5.1;
– numbering of CISPR-Standards in Tables 1, 2 and 3 has been updated;
– title of Annex B has been changed;
– requirements on cable routing in Annex B have been amended;
– new Annex C EMC test report has been added.”
*Description from the IEC website.