The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has released IEC 60794-1-22:2017 RLV. This pertains to basic optical cable test procedures for optical fibre cables, specifically environmental test methods; and is now available on the IEC webstore.
Description: “IEC 60794-1-22:2017 defines test procedures to be used in establishing uniform requirements for the environmental performance of:
– optical fibre cables for use with telecommunication equipment and devices employing similar techniques, and
– cables having a combination of both optical fibres and electrical conductors.
Throughout this document, the wording “optical cable” can also include optical fibre units, microduct fibre units, etc. See IEC 60794-1-2 for a reference guide to test methods of all types and for general requirements and definitions. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– new test method designation F16 – Compound flow (drip) [E14 in IEC 60794-1-21];
– new test method F17 – Cable shrinkage test (fibre protrusion);
– new test method F18 – Mid-span temperature cycling test.”
*Description from the IEC Website.