The International Electrotechnical Commission has published a new edition of IEC 61010-2-010. IEC 61010-2-010 ed3.0 applies to “Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use – Part 2-010: Particular requirements for laboratory equipment for the heating of materials.” The new edition is available for purchase on the IEC’s website.
“IEC 61010-2-010:2014 specifies safety requirements for electrically powered laboratory equipment for the heating of materials, where the heating of materials is one of the functions of the equipment.. It constitutes a technical revision and includes the following significant changes from the second edition, as well as numerous other changes:
– added a definition for HEAT TRANSFER MEDIUM to Clause 3;
– added a symbol for FLAMMABLE LIQUID to Table 1 in Clause 5;
– added a requirement for instructions pertaining to ventilation in Clause 5;
– modified the requirements for humidity preconditioning in Clause 6;
– added requirements for equipment containing or using flammable liquids to Clause 9;
– added requirements for over-temperature protection devices to Clause 10.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61010-1:2010.”
*Description from IEC website
Leave a Reply