The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has released IEC 62320-2:2016 . This standard includes Maritime navigation and radio communication equipment and systems – Automatic identification system (AIS) – Part 2: AIS AtoN Stations – Operational and performance requirements, methods of testing, and required test results. This standard is now available on the IEC webstore.
Description: “IEC 62320-2:2016(E) specifies the operational and performance requirements, methods of testing and required test results for AIS AtoN Stations compatible with the performance standards adopted by IMO Resolution MSC.74(69), Annex 3, Universal AIS. It incorporates the technical characteristics of non-shipborne AIS AtoN equipment, included in Recommendation ITU-R M.1371 and IALA Recommendation A-126. Where applicable, it also takes into account the ITU Radio Regulations. This standard takes into account other associated IEC International Standards and existing national standards, as applicable. This document is applicable for automatic identification system (AIS) installations on aids to navigation (AtoN). This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– additional cyber security measures;
– updated description of configuration via VDL;
– updated VDL access scheme requirements;
– new PI sentences and VDL message structures with added description for optional TAG blocks;
– added requirement for at least one standard method for configuration using Standard PI sentences;
– updated test methods and updated Annexes..”
*Description from the IEC Website.