The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has released IEC 62271-111:2017 PRV. This standard applies to high-voltage switchgear and controlgear – Part 111: Automatic circuit reclosers for alternating current systems up to and including 38 kV. This pre-release version is now available at the IEC webstore.
Description: “IEC 62271-111:2017 PRV applies to all overhead, pad-mounted, dry vault and submersible single or multi-pole alternating current automatic circuit reclosers for rated maximum voltages above 1 000 V and up to and including 38 kV.
Devices that require a dependent manual operation are not covered by this document.
In order to simplify this document where possible, the term recloser (or reclosers) has been substituted for automatic circuit recloser(s) or cutout mounted recloser(s) or both.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 2012, and constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- Deletion of the fault interrupter from the title, scope and body of the standard including the original Annex G. IEEE will develop a separate standard for this type of equipment used primarily in North America to be designated as IEEE C37.62;
- Adoption of IEC 62271-1:2017 and IEEE C37.100.1-2017 for most of the common specifications throughout the document;
- Adoption of the “standard test method” for the conduction of wet tests for both IEEE and IEC voltage ratings, reference 188.8.131.52 and Tables 2 and 3;
- Line and cable charging tests in 7.101.6: added test voltage level requirements;
- Added pass/fail criteria for fault interruption tests with restrikes in 7.112.1;
- Added low current tests in 7.104 as a replacement of the critical current tests;
- Adopted the revised allowable temperature rise table of IEC 62271-1:2017 with an increase in the allowable temperature rise for certain points in non-oxidizing gases (NOG).
- Time-current test requirements in 7.108: several changes including increased number of test current levels and tests at each level. Specified minimum number of curves to be tested;
- Mechanical duty tests in 7.109: added requirements for testing at high and low temperature;
- Replaced normative references IEC 60255-22-1 and IEC 60255-22-4 with IEC 60255-26 in subclause 7.111.1;
- Added test specifications for effectively earthed neutral systems (first-pole-to-clear factor kpp = 1,3) making this an optional rating. The kpp parameters are used in lieu of the system terms;
- Added Clauses 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 similar to those in IEC 62271-1 but tailored to the recloser.
- Deleted Annex A: Information and technical requirements to be given with enquiries, tenders and orders.”
*Description from the IEC Website.