The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has released IEC 61326 Part 3-1. This standard pertains to electrical equipment for measurement, control and laboratory use EMC requirements. Part 3-1: Immunity requirements for safety-related systems and for equipment intended to perform safety-related functions (functional safety) for General industrial applications, is now available on the IEC webstore.
Description: “IEC 61326-3-1:2017 covers all equipment within the scope of IEC 61326-1, but is limited to systems and equipment for industrial applications intended to perform safety functions as defined in IEC 61508 with SIL 1-3.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– extension of the frequency range up to 6 GHz for the radio-frequency electromagnetic field test according to IEC 61000-4-3,
– replacement of the performance criterion FS with DS according to the generic standard IEC 61000-6-7,
– adding Table 1 – Aspects to be considered during application of performance criterion DS,
– including immunity tests for devices with current consumption > 16 A according to IEC 61000-4-34,
– updating Table 8 – Frequency ranges of mobile transmitters and ISM equipment,
– updating Figure A.1 and Figure 1 for better readability.”
*Description from the IEC Website.
Leave a Reply