A new edition of IEC 60770-3 has been published by the International Electrotechnical Committee. IEC 60770-3 applies to “Transmitters for use in industrial-process control systems – Part 3: Methods for performance evaluation of intelligent transmitters.” The new edition can be published on the IEC website.
“IEC 60770-3:2014 specifies methods for:
– assessment of the functionality of intelligent transmitters;
– testing the operational behaviour, as well as the static and dynamic performance of an intelligent transmitter and methodologies for determining the reliability and diagnostic features used to detect malfunctions;
– determining the communication capabilities of the intelligent transmitters in a communication network. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2006 and constitutes a technical revision. It includes the following changes:
– Terms and definitions: all definitions already present in IEC 60050 and in IEC 61298 have been deleted.
– All parts: added concept of wireless transmitters.”
*Description from IEC website