- Shielding EffectivenessMeasured using plane waves in the far field (relatively far from the radiating antenna).
- SIA set of measures of the quality of an electrical signal.
- Signal IntegrityA set of measures of the quality of an electrical signal.
- Skin Effect the tendency of an alternating electric current (AC) to become distributed within a conductor such that the current density is largest near the surface of the conductor, and decreases with greater depths in the conductor
- Standards BodiesAny organization whose primary activities are developing, coordinating, promulgating, revising, amending, reissuing, interpreting, or otherwise producing technical standards that are intended to address the needs of some relatively wide base of affected adopters.
- SusceptibilityA measure of how easily a dielectric polarizes in response to an external electric field.
- Switch Mode Power SupplyAn electronic power supply that incorporates a switching regulator to convert electrical power efficiently.
- TEMA chamber that maintains its characteristic impedance throughout its volume. Cable assemblies, connectors, and electronic devices may be placed inside the cell for testing purposes such as for measuring radiated emissions.
- TemperatureA numerical measure of hot or cold. Its measurement is by detection of heat radiation or particle velocity or kinetic energy, or by the bulk behavior of athermometric material.
- TerahertzA unit of measure of frequency that is equal to 1 trillion hertz (1012 Hz)
- ThermocoupleA temperature-measuring device consisting of two dissimilar conductors that contact each other at one or more spots.
- Through-hole Technology / Thru-Hole TechnologyRefers to the mounting scheme used for electronic components that involves the use of leads on the components that are inserted into holes drilled in printed circuit boards (PCB) and soldered to pads on the opposite side either by manual assembly (hand placement) or by the use of automated(...)
- THzA unit of measure of frequency that is equal to 1 trillion hertz (1012 Hz)
- TIA-4950The purpose of this standard is to provide requirements for the construction and testing of electrical apparatus, or parts of such apparatus, having circuits that are not capable of causing ignition in Division 1 hazardous locations as defined in Article 500.5 of the National Electrical(...)
- TransducerA transducer is an electronic device that converts one form of energy to another.
- TransformerA static electrical device that transfers energy by inductive coupling between its winding circuits.
- TransientA high amplitude, short-duration sound at the beginning of a waveform that occurs in phenomena such as musical sounds, noises or speech.
- TransistorA semiconductor device used to amplify and switch electronic signals and electrical power. It is composed of semiconductor material with at least three terminals for connection to an external circuit.
- TransmitterAn electronic device which, with the aid of an antenna, produces radio waves.
- Transverse Electromagnetic CellA chamber that maintains its characteristic impedance throughout its volume. Cable assemblies, connectors, and electronic devices may be placed inside the cell for testing purposes such as for measuring radiated emissions.
- Traveling Wave Tube
- TSB-176Defines recommended methods for measuring and validating radio propagation data for application in Land Mobile Radio.
- TWTA specialized vacuum tube that is used in electronics to amplify radio frequency (RF) signals to high power, usually as part of an electronic assembly known as a traveling-wave tube amplifier (TWTA).
- UL 1363These requirements cover indoor use cord and plug connected, relocatable power taps (RPT) rated 250 V AC or less and 20 Amperes or less. RPT are for use as a movable power supply connection for cord and plug connected electrical utilization equipment in accordance with the National Electric(...)
- UL 1449
- UL 1778This Standard is intended to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to persons from installed equipment, both as a single unit or as a system of interconnected units, subject to installing, operating, and maintaining the equipment in the manner prescribed by the manufacturer.
- UL 310This standard applies to quick-connect terminals, both connectors and tabs, having nominal widths of 2.8, 3.2, 4.8, 5.2, and 6.3 mm (0.110, 0.125, 0.187, 0.205, and 0.250 in). They are intended for internal wiring connections in electrical equipment and for the field termination of conductors(...)
- UL 3730UL 3730 requirements cover photovoltaic junction boxes intended for factory and field wiring and may include conduit openings, wiring leads, and/or photovoltaic connectors intended for interconnection of PV modules.
- UL 4703This standard covers single-conductor, insulated and integrally or non-integrally jacketed, sunlight resistant, photovoltaic wire rated 90°C, 105°C, 125°C, or 150°C dry and, 90°C wet, 600, 1000, or 2000 V for interconnection wiring of grounded and ungrounded photovoltaic power systems as(...)
- UL 60384-14
- UL 60730-2-12UL 607320-2-12 applies to electrically operated door locks intended to prevent the opening of doors in equipment for household and similar use.
- UL 60730-2-13UL 60730-2-13 applies to automatic electrical humidity sensing controls for use in, on or in association with equipment for household and similar use, including controls for heating, air-conditioning and similar applications. The equipment may use electricity, gas, oil, solid fuel, solar(...)