Newark element14 has added the Freescale 9-axis sensor toolbox breakout board to its extensive portfolio of technology products, which includes the largest range of development kits available globally from one single source.
The new 9-axis Freescale Sensor Toolbox Breakout Board, BRKT-STBC-AGM01, features three of the latest sensing technologies incorporated onto a single board, and is a smaller-footprint version of the recently launched FRDM-STBC-AGM01.
These sensing technologies allow users to determine motion, position and location as well as angle of rotation. The breakout board can be soldered on to an existing design, enabling designers to easily test applications that need to detect motion, orientation and location information such as:
- Freefall and motion detection
- Vector-magnitude change detection
- Pulse and tap detection (single and double)
- Industrial and consumer grade robots, UAVs, and RC vehicles
- Gyro-stabilized electronic compass
- Gesture-based user interfaces and Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Mobile phones and tablets
- Virtual and augmented reality devices (including glasses)
“This breakout board is an innovative approach in allowing designers to incorporate the development kit directly into their prototypes,” said David Shen, group chief technology officer, element14. “The ability to test the onboard 3-axis gyroscope and the integrated e-compass in real world environments will significantly improve a prototype’s accuracy and help shorten the final designs time to market.”
The Freescale 9-axis sensor toolbox breakout board is available starting at $11.95 from Newark element14. Learn more at http://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-75622.