Agilent Technologies Inc. introduced the industry’s first power device analyzer for circuit design. The Agilent B1506A is a single-box solution that automatically characterizes all power device parameters across a wide range of operating conditions and temperatures (-50 °C to +250 °C), at up to 1500 amps and 3 kV.
Circuit designers employ power devices in a wide range of products, therefore requiring an accurate, thorough understanding of their performance over a wide range of conditions. However, power device data sheets typically show behavior across only a limited range of operating conditions, and obtaining key datasheet parameters is not a straightforward process. By providing an automated, easy-to-use way to extract power device parameters, Agilent’s B1506A Power Device Analyzer for Circuit Design is well equipped to overcome these challenges.
The B1506A measures and evaluates all kinds of parameters, including IV parameters (e.g., breakdown voltage and on-resistance); three terminal capacitances (Ciss, Coss and Crss) with high-voltage bias; gate charge; switching time; and power losses. It also provides a fully automated measurement of temperature dependency for all parameters, from -50ºC to +250 ºC, and seamlessly integrates with Thermal Plate or Thermostream from inTest Corp. An intuitive GUI makes it easy for even a novice user to extract critical device parameters across a wide range of current, voltage and temperature conditions. Such capabilities make the B1506A ideal for helping designers select the right power devices for their power electronic circuits, and for power electronics manufacturers conducting incoming device inspection and failure analysis.
Some of the key features of the B1506A Power Device Analyzer include:
- •Measurement of all IV parameters (Ron, BV, Leakage, Vth, Vsat, etc.), and transistor input, output and reverse transfer capacitances (Ciss, Coss, Crss, Cies, Coes, Cres, Rg) at high-voltage biases.
- •Qg curve measurement.
- •Thermal test capability (-50 °C to +250 °C).
- •Power loss (conduction, driving and switching) evaluation.
- •Oscilloscope view that supports visual verification of pulsed measurement waveforms for checking real operating bias/timing point.
- •Unique software interface that simulates device data sheet framework, providing an intuitive and fully automated measurement environment that anyone can use with no training required.
More information is available at www.agilent.com/find/B1506A.